World RARE Disease Day is coming up on February 29th. Did you know that 1 in 10 Americans are affected by RARE disease and more than 350 million people are affected worldwide. 75% of RARE diseases affect children and 30% of children with a RARE disease will die before their 5th birthday.
Help us unite1 Million people who support rare disease awareness. 1 in 10 Americans have a Rare Disease. 350 million people worldwide suffer from one of the 7,000 different types of Rare Diseases. 95% have no treatments or cures.
Hope. It’s in our Genes! The Global Genes Project is a grassroots effort to bring awareness to the healthcare challenges facing over 350 million people affected by rare disease worldwide. Did you know that 1 in 10 Americans, or 10% of the U.S. population, suffers from a Rare Disease. There are 7,000 different types of rare diseases but only a small portion (5% of rare diseases) have treatments, 95% or rare disease have no treatments or cures.
How can you get involved?
- Like our Page on Facebook and share with your network.
- Tweet with us @GlobalGenes. Use #1Mil4RARE.
- Add our demin ribbon of hope to your Facebook & Twitter profile photos.
Click to download »
- Wear That You Care
Wear jeans to support genes awareness.
- Share: your photos with us on Facebook. Upload photos directly to our Facebook page or TAG us in photo already on your profile.
- Tweet: I’m wearing jeans to bring hope to more than 350m people with #raredisease. U should too! #wearthatyoucare via @globalgenes
Click here » to see and upload photos!
- Are you a blogger?
Join our "1 Million for Rare" blogging events in support of World Rare Disease Day.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make a bracelet for 7000 Bracelets for Hope