Day 1: Introduce, recent picture of yourself, 15 interesting facts
My name is Norma and I have lived in South Florida all of my life. I have worked in the medical field since I was 16 years old. I have always loved to read and write.
I have been blogging for quite a few years. I had taken some time off though because I had too much going on in my life. I am now back into blogging and am here to stay.
I am really hesitant about posting a picture of myself. Mainly because of all the weight I have gained because of my Hashimoto’s disease. Before it kicked in, I had always been a good weight. At times, I would dip below average in weight. However, once it started up, the weight just piled on and is very difficult to lose.
Since it is part of the challenge to post a picture, I will do it anyway. Hopefully, it won’t scare you too much! LOL!
1. I am a first born America. My parents and sisters were all born in Canada.
2. When I was in high school, I wanted to be a computer programmer. In fact, I had won 3rd place in the Broward County Computer Programming fair held for all high school students in the area.
3. I became a Reiki master many years ago. However, after my mom passed away, I had stopped practicing Reiki. I really need to start again.
4. I have extremely eclectic music tastes. I listen to almost all music genres.
5. One of my biggest pet peeves is misspelled words. If there are too many typos in a book or a post, I feel like I should be sitting there with a red pen.
6. I prefer having long hair and wearing it in a pony tail. However, my Hashimoto’s disease makes that difficult. It causes my hair to be really brittle and fall out easy. So I cut it really short in order to prevent that.
7. In high school, two friends (Sonia and Jenny) and I had written a book together. It was actually pretty decent considering. We each took turns writing a chapter and then handing the book off to one of the others. I am not sure where that book even ended up. It would be interesting to see it again, just for the memories it has.
8. When I was little I used to get ear infections A LOT!! I can still remember Dr. Berndt looking in my ears and telling me that Big Bird was in there leaving bird seed all over the place and that’s why they hurt.
9. I am supposed to be gluten free, but am finding it very difficult. It’s not that there aren’t a lot of gluten free options, because there are. It’s just that I live with my sister and her husband. They are constantly bringing in foods with gluten into the house that they know I love to eat. Instead of buying the gluten free pretzels for everyone in the house to eat, they buy the regular ones and expect me to just not eat them.
10. I love to play computer games. At the moment, my favorite is DC Universe Online. It’s an MMO game based off of DC Comics. You get to play either a hero or a villain.
11. I love working on the family tree. Genealogy has always been interesting to me. When I was little, I remember hearing one of my great aunts talk about the work she had done on the family tree. Unfortunately, she passed away many years ago. When I started to work on the family tree, we were not able to locate any of the work that she had previously done. So I had to start from scratch.
12. I love to go to Renaissance festivals. I love the music that is played at them. I love to window shop at the different booths. I love the food that they serve. I really feel like I belong to that period in time.
13. I have a pretty extensive tarot deck collection. At last count, I have well over 80 different decks. Unfortunately, when I moved in with my sister and her husband, I had to box them all away due to lack of space.
14. I have two favorite foods. I love pizza with bacon and pepperoni. My other favorite food is sushi!! I love almost all kinds of sushi.
15. My favorite TV shows are NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Undercover Boss.
What are some interesting facts about you?