|Thirteen Things about Wakela’s Thanksgiving
1. First and foremost, I miss my mom alot today. This was the first Thanksgiving that I have ever spent without her.
2. I spent the day with one of my sisters and her husband.
3. We made French Toast for breakfast at 11am. Ok maybe that is brunch. But I love French Toast, especially with syrup and confectioners powder on it.
4. We watched the parade while eating our French Toast. I normally watch one of the other parades on, but my brother-in-law loves the Macy’s parade. To me, its mainly balloons with very little floats.
5. A neighbor dropped off a freshly baked pumpkin pie. It smelled yummy. I am not a big pumpkin pie eater though. I really have to be in the mood. And even then, I usually only eat a small piece.
6. We put the turkey on to start cooking at 2:30pm. It was a small turkey breast, so it only needed 3 hours to cook.
7. I made corn casserole. One of my coworkers had given me the recipe for it. Oh my gosh! It was so delicious. I will probably post the recipe later.
8. My sister made 2 boxes of stove top stuffing. I think that is a little too much for only 3 people.
9. My sister also made mashed potatoes. They were mainly for my brother-in-law to eat.
10. We also made rutabaga. This has been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. We very rarely have it since it is such a pain to peel.
11. We ate off of TV trays in front of the TV. Ummm… Ok. Holiday mood was pretty much squashed by that. That is how we always eat dinner here. Yes, we have a dinner table, but my brother-in-law loves watching TV. So that is where he parks his butt all the time.
12. We watched Eight Crazy Nights with Adam Sandler while eating. It was an ok movie. The way they were raving about it, it sounded like they had watched it hundreds of times. This was the first time that either one of them had seen it.
13. My sister made tons of desserts. She made two german chocolate pies, brownies, no-bake fudge cookies, and toffee bars. Let’s see, this is for three people. Two of which have diabetes, and one who is trying desperately not to have it. Ok. That wasn’t the smartest thing to make.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!